William Pascoe Crook
He opened a school in 1804 in the church at Parramatta, which became the first boarding school in Australia. When Governor William Bligh was deposed in 1808, Crook was appointed as acting chaplain, though he was only permitted only to read the services. He left in January 1816 and became pastor of a Tahitian church, not returning to Sydney until December 1830 when he opened a school for young ladies in Phillip Street. He received a grant of 100 acres in what is now the Campsie area and later died on 14 June 1846, spending his later years in Melbourne Victoria.
- Historical Records of Australia, series 1, vols 4-6, 16, 18, series 3, vol 1, series 4, vol 1
- Crook, William Pascoe (1775–1846) by Niel Gunson http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/crook-william-pascoe-1935