William Holmes was one of the first settlers between Belmore and King Georges Road along with Robert Lack, James Plunkett, Walter Emery and John Harris in the Narwee-Beverly Hills area. His land may have been known as Bond's Road and was granted in 1810.
By 1830, Holmes' grant was purchased by James Wilshire who came to the colony in 1800. In 1862 it was purchased by Adam Bond from Austin Wilshire for £550.
- Change and Challenge: The History of the Municipality of Canterbury in NSW (1978) by F.A. Larcombe. p. 38