Watkin Avenue, Earlwood NSW

From Canterbury Commons
Jump to: navigation, search

Watkin Avenue was named after Watkin & Watkin Real Estate, Auctioneers of 28 Martin Place Sydney, as they were the subdividers of the Clear View Estate, auctioned 30th April 1921. It was formerly part of the Undercliffe Estate, and Watkin Avenue did not exist until the resubdivision in 1921. Watkin & Watkin resubdivided much of the Undercliffe Estate in Undercliffe or Earlwood, the official name of the suburb.