Waterworth Park lies at the junction of Cooks River and Wolli Creek. It was formerly known as Wolli Park and was dedicated as such in 1911. It was the site of a rubbish tip from 1955 until the early 1960's. In 1941 Wolli Park was renamed Waterworth Park in honour of Ashton Waterworth, who served Council as Alderman from 1928 to 1934. The Canterbury Velodrome and Touch Football Stadium was opened in 1982 by the Premier, Mr Neville Wran.