The Towers building and the estate of 27 acres surrounding it were sold to the War Service Homes Commission in 1919 and surveyed for subdivision in February 1920. The subdivision plan shows streets named Robert, Archibald, Roy and Forsyth. As Robert James Forsyth died at The Towers on 30 March 1920, he may have met the surveyor and asked him to name the streets after his son.
Robert Archibald (Roy) Forsyth was the son of Robert James Forsyth, who owned 'The Towers'. Roy died of wounds in France in 1918, after an action at Hangard Wood, near Villers-Bretonneux, for which he was awarded a Military Medal. After the war, Roy's father sold land adjacent to 'The Towers' to the War Services Homes Commission, and he may have requested that the streets be name after Roy: that is, Robert, Archibald, Roy and Forsyth Streets
Robert Street was extended when the adjoining Moncur Gardens Estate was subdivided a few years later. It is interesting to note that three Moncur boys (two from one family and one from another) enlisted. They were market gardeners and all survived and returned to Australia.
Merris Street was not named when The Towers Estate was subdivided in 1920, but in 1922 the name Merris was approved by the War Service Homes Commission. The name was on a list of places "connected with actions in which Australian Forces distinguished themselves. It was at Merris in France that a South Australian Corporal Phillip Davey, 10th battalion, won a Victoria Cross for valour on 28th June 1918. But perhaps there was a local reason for selecting the name: Private Ernest Cluff, who had been a market gardener on Moorefields Road near the present Clemton Park, was killed near Merris in 1918.