Tasker Park

From Canterbury Commons
Jump to: navigation, search

Alderman WS Tasker was instrumental in having the area bearing his name on the south bank of Cooks River set aside as a park and playing fields. A portion was allocated to the newly formed Canterbury Women's Bowling Club which was officially opened in March, 1940. The first president was Aid. Taskers wife, Rebecca Tasker. Alderman Tasker served Council as an Alderman in the periods 1925-31 and 1937-44.