Sugar Loaf Inn
The Sugar Loaf Inn was a Public House at Canterbury built by convicts in 1820 on land owned by the Australian Sugar Company. It was licensed from 1853 and was one of the first places to provide food, accommodation and refreshment to visitors.
For forty years it was in the hands of the Miller family and over the years has seen many changes. It was a boarding house, jam factory, and later a rest home. Church services were also held inside its spacious kitchen.
The hotel was demolished for the construction of Canterbury Station. The site is now the road from Canterbury Road to Aldi Stores.