Sloe Hill Farm
Richard Palmer's grant called Sloe Hill Farm, is bounded by today's King Georges Road, Edge Street, Lakemba Street, and a line between Sproule Street and Croydon Street, Lakemba. It was one of the earliest occupied farms in the area. The grantee, who named it, sold it to John Johnson, a potter, in 1816 for £50. He built a house and made pipes from the clay soil for a living. He acquired another 50 acre farm as well, on the opposite side of King Georges Road extending to Punchbowl Road, which he called "Pipemaker's Hall"
"Historic Sites of Canterbury", Canterbury and District Historical Society (n.d.).