Royal Picture Show
The Royal Picture Show, Beamish Street, commenced screening films in 1911. on the site of the present Council Chambers at 137 Beamish Street. It was an open air show, and most of the patrons came from the Harcourt, Mildura and Rosedale Estates. When the Excelsior Theatre was built in 1924, the Royal found it could not compete. It closed in 1925.
"Historic Sites of Canterbury", Canterbury and District Historical Society (n.d.).