Punchbowl Branch Library
Punchbowl Branch of Canterbury City Library Service opened in 1960 on the Canterbury Road frontage of Scott Park a few metres from 1290 Canterbury Road. The park slopes down considerably from Canterbury Road and the library was constructed as a one and a half storey building. The adult library occupied the larger street level floor and the children's library the half storey below. The children's library faced the park and there was no internal access between levels.
The branch closed in 1986 and the building was demolished in about 1991. The site was incorporated into Scott Park however the cement slab on which the front half of the street level frontage was constructed remains.