Nick Youngquest (born 28 July 1983 in Sydney, New South Wales) is an Australian model and former professional rugby league footballer. He played in the National Rugby League for Australian clubs the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks, St. George Illawarra Dragons, Penrith Panthers and Bulldogs, and in Super League for British clubs Gateshead Thunder, Celtic Crusaders and Castleford Tigers, mainly as a the winger.
In late 2007, Youngquest agreed to a one-year deal with the Wests Tigers, his fourth club in six years, but failed to make the NRL squad. Youngquest was released mid-way through the 2008 season and signed with the Bulldogs as a replacement for the released Cameron Phelps. After failing to make an impact in the NRL after six seasons, he moved to play for the French rugby league team Salanque Meditérrannée PIA XIII (also known as the Pia Donkeys) following the conclusion of the 2008 NRL season.
In 2009, Youngquest played for English Championship team Gateshead Thunder, where he caught the eye of Brian Noble, the coach for Crusaders RL. Youngquest signed with the Crusaders shortly before the start of the 2010 Super League season. 2011 brought a move to Super League team Castleford Tigers, he possibly played his best rugby there making 40 appearances and scoring 29 tries and 2 goals. He scored his last try at the last home game of the season against Catalan Dragons.
- First Grade Debut: 2003 - Round 1, Cronulla v Melbourne Storm, Toyota Park, 16 March
- First Career hat-trick 2010 - Round 24, Crusaders v. Salford City Reds, The Racecourse Ground, 1 August
During his time as a professional Rugby League player, Nick gained exposure from his involvement with a variety of charitable organizations and was featured on the cover of numerous magazines worldwide. In 2008, Nick was discovered by David Todd and has since been represented exclusively by DT Model Management in the U.S.
In late 2012, Youngquest decided to step away from rugby to pursue opportunities in modeling, appearing in a campaign for Abercrombie & Fitch shot by Bruce Weber. He currently resides in New York City. In 2013, he became the face of the new masculine fragrance INVICTUS by Paco Rabanne.
Brooklyn Kings Rugby League Club
In 2014, Youngquest became the head coach for semi-professional rugby league club, the Brooklyn Kings (rugby league) who play in the USARL. He has been developing new and older players with the goal of expanding rugby league in the United States, and as well as develop star players for team USA for the 2017 Rugby League World Cup.
- "High hopes for Thunder". BBC News. 2 September 2010. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/8929234.stm.
- "Castleford sign winger Youngquest". BBC News. 9 September 2010. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/super_league/castleford/8983696.stm.
- "Youngquest on the move again". Fox Sports News (Australia). 26 November 2007. http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22822236-23214,00.html. Retrieved 27 November 2007.
- "Youngquest joins Bulldogs". Fox Sports. 22 May 2008. http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23741319-23214,00.html. Retrieved 22 May 2008.
- "2009 NRL Player Movements". NRL Live. 4 October 2008. http://www.nrllive.com.au/2009-nrl-player-movements/. Retrieved 4 October 2008.