Mildura Reserve was named after the Mildura Estate which it adjoined. This was a subdivision of the former 100 acre Bramshott farm which was granted in 1813 to William Pascoe Crook a Sydney missionary, schoolmaster and minister of the Congregational Church. The Mildura subdivision was bounded by Beamish St and Clissold Pde to the river. The speculators who did the subdividing mounted a strong campaign to have the railway station in Campsie named Mildura to boost their sales. Cowper and Moore Sts were subject to flooding from the Cooks River and these blocks were of half the norm al frontage, designed to sell cheaply. Streets in the subdivision were named after poets and this section of Campsie became known as Poets Comer. There was a crossing over the river at Beamish Street, first recorded in 1810. It was known as Laycock's, as it lay on the path to Hannah Laycocks "Kings Grove" farm at present day Kingsgrove.