Man of Kent
Man of Kent was the first inn in the Kingsgrove NSW area. It was located on what is now Kingsgrove Road, near Morris Avenue. It was licenced by Evan Evans, a former sea captain, on the 1st July 1850. Evans had obtained a publican's licence that year. He eventually took George Cheesewright into his household to ensure the local school survived.
By 1923 building was hidden by vegetation, but its chimneys were still visible. It was probably demolished in the 1930s and a plaque marks the former location
- Lawrence, Joan. St George: Rockdale, Kogarah, Hurstville.