Lakemba Odeon Theatre
Lakemba Odeon Theatre, formerly the Lakemba Royal, was situated on the western side of Haldon Street, north of Lakemba Street, Lakemba. The theatre was originally opened in 1938 as the Lakemba Royal and seated 791 patrons. The theatre's auditorium was modern although plain in appearance.
The Lakemba Royal was operated by the late Messrs. Britz and Cloonan.
In 1951 the Lakemba Royal was acquired by Greater Union Theatres and renamed the Lakemba Odeon. The final screening was held on 14 July, 1966. The theatre was converted into a supermarket before eventually being demolished. "Lakemba Palms" stands on the site today (1998).