Lakemba Fire Station

From Canterbury Commons
Jump to: navigation, search

Lakemba Fire Station was built in 1921 by the Board of Fire Commissioners of New South Wales for a total cost of $13,950.00. It began as a fully motorised unit with 2 permanent and 6 volunteer firemen.[1]

It is located at 208 Haldon Street and is designated as station number 64. On 14th December 2006 the station itself narrowly missed being burned down. [2]

References

  1. JERVIS, J. A History of the Municipality of Canterbury, p.61
  2. http://www.firefightingnews.com/article-AU.cfm?articleID=22795