Holy Spirit College
St John's College was established in 1954 and for 33 years was administered by the De La Salle Brothers. MacKillop Girls' High School was established in 1966, the Centenary year of the establishment of the Sisters of St Joseph. The school was named in honour of the order's founder, Blessed Mary MacKillop.
In 1995 the Sydney Archdiocesan Catholic Schools Board announced that, as part of restructuring of schools in the Bankstown - Lakemba districts, both schools would close as single-sex schools, and in their place would emerge a co-educational college catering for students in Years 7 - 12. During 1996, the new College was named 'Holy Spirit College'.