Francis Hill Beamish (also known as Bemish) (1817-1907) was an early land owner in the Canterbury area. He purchased a 104 acre section of Percy Farm in September 1853 which had been originally owned by Samuel Laycock.
His residence was known as "Woodbine" and was located in what is now Beamish Street in Campsie. Beamish sold part of his land in 1883 and the rest in 1902. He had a son born in 1842 also named Francis Hill Beamish who was associated with the local Wesleyian School. The elder Beamish died on the 25th May 1907 and was buried in Moorefields Cemetery.
- Joan Lawrence, Lawrence, Madden & Muir, Brian J. Madden, Lesley Muir. A Pictorial History of Canterbury Bankstown.