Earlwood Branch Library
Earlwood Branch Library was the first branch library to open after the Central Library at Campsie. It was opened in temporary quarters - a garage at the front of a tile factory located on the corner of Homer and William Streets. The tile factory's van was garaged at the front of the garage and a curtain hung between it and the library which operated in the back of the room. There was no running water. Earlwood Branch did not have a Children's Collection and there was only one chair for the public to use.
This makeshift premises was replaced with the current library building on the corner of William and Homer Street, Earlwood. It was officially opened by the Mayor, Alderman H.R. Thorncraft on 21 November, 1952. The Library underwent major refurbishments in 2003 culminating in a re-opening celebration which took place on Saturday 30 July 2005 with the Mayor of Canterbury, Councillor Robert Furolo, in attendance.