Earlwood Baptist Church
The Earlwood Baptist Church originated from a decision made in November 1928 by five members of the Marrickville Baptists Church to establish a fellowship in that district. The first service, attended by 28 people, was held in Kennedy's Hall, later rebuilt as the Chelsea Theatre. After vacating the hall, the Fellowship moved to the Earlwood, later Mayfair Theatre. Within 6 years the church site at the corner of Homer Street and Richard Avenue had been purchased, a building erected and the church constituted.
In November 1978, the golden jubilee of the church was celebrated.