Coca Cola Factory
The Coca Cola Factory was located in Kingsgrove NSW. An area of 6.5 acres was purchased in 1959 in The Crescent. Building began in February 1960 and was completed by November. The factory replaced previous bottling plants at Mascot and Ryde. Approximately 356 persons were employed and the plant produced 200-600 bottles per minute.
The factory closed in 1983
- LARCOMBE, Frederick A. Change and challenge: a history of the municipality of Canterbury. [Canterbury, NSW]: Canterbury Municipal Council, 1979. p. 378
- The Sydney Morning Herald - Nov 17, 1983 http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1301&dat=19831117&id=TxURAAAAIBAJ&sjid=qeYDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6768,403917