Canterbury Tram Terminus

From Canterbury Commons
Jump to: navigation, search

The Sydney Metropolitan Tramway System reached into the Canterbury Municipality when the line was extended from Hurlstone Park to Canterbury on 4 July 1921, and trams commenced between Canterbury and Darling Street Wharf. The service to Fort Macquarie commenced on 17 January 1927, when the Addison Road trams were extended from Dulwich Hill to Canterbury.

From 21 November 1954, buses replaced trams on the Canterbury-Darling Street Wharf route, and trams from Circular Quay terminated at Dulwich Hill.

References

"Historic Sites of Canterbury", Canterbury and District Historical Society (n.d.)