Campsie railway station
Campsie railway station is a railway station on the Bankstown line and serves the Sydney suburb of Campsie. It had its origins in the 1890s expansion of the railways undertaken to encourage suburban growth and assist local agriculture.
The original stations on the Bankstown line were considered among the finest in early NSW rail system The existing station layout, platform and overbridge date from 1915 In the early 2000s the old wooden ticket office structure at street level was demolished and replaced with a new metal construction.
The station has two side platforms for passenger services and there are two unused platforms which face the Metropolitan Goods Line. Campsie is the only station which has platforms accessible to the goods line. The largely intact 1920s-style platform buildings and overbridge are representative of railway structures of that period.
- K. Edwards. 1982 Beginning the Bankstown Line: a history of the Marrickville to Burwood Road Railway
- Simpson Dawbin Associates. 2000. Statement of Heritage Impact: Campsie Railway Station