Campsie Picture Palace

From Canterbury Commons
Jump to: navigation, search

The Campsie Picture Palace, corner of Beamish Street and Evaline Street, opened as an open air picture show in 1911. With a few alterations, (partly roofed and new facade), it continued until 1924, when the Excelsior Picture Theatre (later the "Odeon", now demolished), was built.

References

"Historic Sites of Canterbury", Canterbury and District Historical Society (n.d.).