Built on the corner of Beamish and Hill Streets and constructed under Tooths and Co, John O'Neill became the hotel's first owner, taking it through the 1930s. In 1937 the licence was taken over by Francis Flitcroft, who five years later handed the reigns to Thomas Malcolm Green in 1942.
With Campsie Hotel in demand in the 1950s, it was decided to introduce late night trading. In 1955 the hotel opened at 10 am and closed at 10 pm.
In February 1962, the licence was handed down to John Malcolm Green and between the years 1942 and 1967, Campsie Hotel was affectionately known as "Greenies".
By 1967 ownership of the local establishment was taken up by Albert Victor Ross Caddy, whose licence lasted four years.
William Manikas took over as publican in 1971 and the beer garden proved to be a success during this period. In 1979 Campsie extended its closing time to 11 pm and introduced Sunday trading. In 1982, the Saloon Bar was closed down and replaced with the TAB. The prosperous beer garden was closed in 1986 and replaced by Campsie Liquor Barn.
1991, September 4. Campsie Hotel – still changing with the times. The Torch