Granted to William Faithfull in 1809, this farm passed through the hands of Simeon Lord and W.H. Moore before it was subdivided by Francis Stephen (son of Mr Justice John Stephen) in 1836. Abraham Polack, the auctioneer, in his lyrical style, described the allotments as "Gardens of Eden", and assured purchasers "the classic waters of our immortal navigator Cook, meander through these luxurious grounds, and if anything would possibly enhance the value of this land, it would be the knowledge of having trod on the same ground with that never forgotten man".
The boundaries of Brighton Farmare Coronation Parade, Liverpool Road, Croydon Road and Cooks River.
"Historic Sites of Canterbury", Canterbury and District Historical Society (n.d.).